Monday, February 13, 2012

Silverdollar Ranch-Rockdale TX

The opening round of the TORCS series was this past weekend in Rockdale, TX.  It was all sand with 3 creek crossings, mini moto track, and a tractor double tire crossing.  We got 5" of rain the week before so it was an epic round for the first race.  I had a decent drive on the start, headed towards the woods and cross rutted in the creek taking out a girl. We got back up and she took off first putting me dead last.  I moved from 5th place to 2nd on the first lap and battled with 1st for a bit before moving into 1st place on the 2nd lap.  I was able to get into a zone and find my groove, so I just kept my eyes focused ahead of me instead of right in front of the front tire.  I ended up getting 1st place in the Women's A class and for the first time placing 3rd overall for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment