Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fourth race of 2011 April 9th. Goertz Ranch!











It was in the 90’s again for this race and I do not think my body was prepared for the heat this time.  I had gone mountain biking for 1.5 hrs on the Wednesday and Thursday before the race to try to prepare myself.  This might have been a bad move as when Saturday came I was incredibly tired and weak. 
I went to the easy/hard section and checked it out in practice watching as virtually every person that went up ended up ghost riding their bike up the hill, flipping, or stalling their bike as they got to the top.  Since I waited for about 10 minutes for all the bikes to clear off the hill climb, with still a few more on it I decided to take the easy line to finish practice.  At the end of practice, I circled back to that spot to do the hill climb.  I managed to get up the hill fine in 2nd gear and knew I had to do it every lap perfect to keep my energy since I was already tired in practice.

We took off on the start and I was third back.  I just trailed the other two girls for a few minutes, as I knew that when we got to the hill climb they would take the easy split.  They did just that so I pinned it up the hill and just tried to ride smooth.  Well it wasn’t before the first lap was over and my body was already so tired/weak that the other two girls passed me.  I did not have it in me to push myself.  I was just trying to keep my head afloat at that point.  I ended up finishing second and was disappointed in myself b/c I knew if only I had the strength/endurance for this race I would have won it.  This is only the beginning of summer in Texas so it’s time to get my endurance back for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment