Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BRAZOS VALLEY FEBRUARY 26th

 





This second race of the season was really neat and different from most TORCS races.  It was held at a new property that was an old sand and gravel plant that used to be in operation over 20 years ago.  The property had lots of quick and very steep uphill/downhill sections which made it harder to go fast the whole time.  This race was all about flowing out the sections and using throttle/brake control.
It was a dead engine start. I took off in first and realized I should have started in second b/c I wheelied on the start. I was in third place with 3 others behind me. We all took the first hard on the  “hard/easy” split. Then we came to the second split that was even harder. None of the girls took that but me and I ended up in first for a little while. I had swapped out my sx forks for xc forks recently and didn’t realize how soft they would be. I was in the lead with pressure behind me so I when I hit a deep “v” too hard my forks bottomed out and 2 girls got past me. On the last lap it started sprinkling which made that blue groove hard packed up/downhills extremely hard to handle.  I took it easy on the last lap trying not to ball it up in the mud and ended up finishing 3rd.
Getting prepped for the next race. It’s going to be extremely sandy so I’m going to put my sx forks back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment